Saturday, November 24, 2007

Playing

With all these toy recalls, it's tough to know what is safe for our kids. I usually don't buy a lot of toys for my daughter because I see that she hardly plays with the ones she already has. I do like creative type activities like drawing and painting. We bought her an easel from Ikea, and she uses it all the time. I've been making play dough for her and recently bought some Play-Doh with cutters. She loves it and can't get enough. It's amazing how these basic materials can entertain children and help them with their development. And this is so much easier on the pocketbook!

1 comment:

TFO said...

i am so with you there. kids don't need fancy toys that satisfy short term attention spans. the basic developmental activities will hold their attention much longer, and they will learn and be creative.